Advanced Coursework Network
In the Fall of 2017, Rhode Island secondary schools will once again have the opportunity to expand the advanced level coursework available to their high school and middle school students through a continuing initiative, the Advanced Coursework Network (ACN).
The Rhode Island Department of Education (RIDE) will be supporting the costs of the coursework for eligible public high school students. As such, Local Education Agencies (LEAs), public schools, public school students and their families from eligible schools in Rhode Island will not be assessed any tuition or fees associated with participating in ACN courses. Students homeschooled in Rhode Island along with students from outside of the state may be eligible to take the courses at cost, depending on availability.
The ACN will enable students and their families to enroll in formerly unavailable high value academic and career-focused courses while they remain enrolled at their secondary school.
Coursework is offered through state-approved course providers. New England Institute of Technology (NEIT) is a state-approved Network Provider.
This initiative promotes college and career readiness and provides coursework options aligned with a student’s passion, interest and need.
Key benefits that high school students will receive include:
- The opportunity to individualize their graduation pathway
- High value coursework to prepare them for college and career success
- Choices of coursework beyond what is available at their high school
Students work with their family and school counselors to enroll in appropriate level coursework.
Please consult with your guidance counselor/school administrator to see if your school offers the course(s) that you are interested in.
Course space is provided on a first come, first served basis.
Courses offered may include:
- GMW 100 Digital Photography I
- GMW 112 Digital Graphics I
- CET 110 Introduction to Civil Engineering Technology
- ENG 119 and ENG 120 Introduction to Engineering Technologies & Lab
- NE 115 Computer and Networking Fundamentals
- GDS 114 Introduction to Game Development
- SE 114 Programming Essentials Using C++
- DMP 103 Audio Design
- MAA 110 Introduction to Careers in Health
- MLT 110 Introduction to Medical Laboratory Technology
- ABM 110 Introduction to Animal Business Management
- ELY 112 Electrical Foundations I & Lab
- PL 114 and PL 119 Pipe Fitting Basics & Lab
- AH 114 and AH 116 Refrigeration Systems Fundamentals & Lab
- TT 106 Introduction to Vehicle Maintenance
- MT 105 Introduction to Marine Technology
- MCT 115 Computer Aided Design I
- MGM 108 Introduction to Business
- CJ 110 Criminal Justice
Click here for detailed descriptions of these courses.
For more information contact:
Training and Workforce Development Manager
800-736-7744 Ext 3355
Follow the below steps to register through the Rhode Island Department of Education (RIDE) Advanced Coursework Network website:
- Visit https://ride.gosignmeup.com/Public/Course/Browse
- At the column on the LH side of the page, click on +NEIT
- Select "Face to Face" under "NEIT"
- Select "Pre-register" under the course(s) you would like
- Select "Checkout"
- Either select "Create account" if you are a new user or log in if you are an existing user