Tips for Applying for FAFSA On-line
1. You (and your parents, if applicable) will need to create your federal student aid IDs at https://fsaid.ed.gov When you create the Federal Student Aid ID for the first time it may take 3 days for it to become active. Your Federal Student Aid ID must be active for you to electronically complete, sign and submit your FASFA. If you previously had a Federal PIN created, you will be able to link that PIN to your new Federal Student Aid ID on that site.
2. Go to www.fafsa.ed.gov to begin your 2016-17 FASFA.
3. Before completing the FAFSA, it will be helpful to gather the following information:
• Your 2015 W-2 Form, final pay stub from 2015 and other records of money earned.
• Copies of your (and your spouse's, if you are married) 2015 Federal Income Tax Return - IRS Form 1040, 1040A, 1040EZ.
• Your parents' 2015 Federal Income Tax Return (if you are a dependent student).
• Your 2015 untaxed income records - Temporary Assistance to Needy Families, welfare, or veterans benefits records.
• Your alien registration number or permanent residence card (if you are not a U.S. citizen)
4. When asked to add school codes to your FAFSA, enter 007845 (New England Institute of Technology’s federal school code).