Tips for Applying for FAFSA On-line
1. You (and your parents, if applicable) will need to create your federal PIN numbers at www.pin.ed.gov .When you create the PIN for the first time it will take 3 days for it to become active. Your PIN must be active for you to electronically complete, sign and submit your FASFA.
2. Go to www.fafsa.ed.gov to begin your 2012-13 FASFA.
3. Before completing the FAFSA, it will be helpful to gather the following information:
• Your 2011 W-2 Form, final paystub from 2011 and other records of money earned
• IF YOU HAVE ALREADY COMPLETED YOUR 2010 TAXES: copies of your (and your spouse's, if you are married) 2011 Federal Income Tax Return - IRS Form 1040, 1040A, 1040EZ.
• IF THEY HAVE ALREADY COMPLETED THEIR 2011 TAXES: Your parents' 2011 Federal Income Tax Return (if you are a dependent student)
• Your 2011 untaxed income records - Temporary Assistance to Needy Families, welfare, or veterans benefits records
• Your alien registration number or permanent residence card (if you are not a U.S. citizen)
4. When asked to add school codes to your FAFSA, enter 007845 (New England Institute of Technology’s federal school code).
RECOMMENDED PRIORITY DEADLINE FOR FASFA FILING IS February 14, 2012