Tips for Applying for FAFSA On-line
1. You (and your parents, if applicable) will need to create your federal PIN numbers at www.pin.ed.gov .When you create the PIN for the first time it will take 3 days for it to become active. Your PIN must be active for you to electronically complete, sign and submit your FASFA.
2. Go to www.fafsa.ed.gov to begin your 2013-14 FASFA.
3. Before completing the FAFSA, it will be helpful to gather the following information:
• Your 2012 W-2 Form, final paystub from 2012 and other records of money earned
• Copies of your (and your spouse's, if you are married) 2012 Federal Income Tax Return - IRS Form 1040, 1040A, 1040EZ.
• Your parents' 2012 Federal Income Tax Return (if you are a dependent student)
• Your 2012 untaxed income records - Temporary Assistance to Needy Families, welfare, or veterans benefits records
• Your alien registration number or permanent residence card (if you are not a U.S. citizen)
4. When asked to add school codes to your FAFSA, enter 007845 (New England Institute of Technology’s federal school code).