Develop Digital Media Production skills in broadcast, non-broadcast, client-based, and new media programs, building on foundational competencies covered in your associate degree. Your capstone project will focus on producing a video or audio program for an outside client. Curriculum's emphasis on electronic media allows you to attain a high level of digital production expertise.
Bachelor of Science Degree
The bachelor’s program in Digital Media Production uses a project-oriented approach with an emphasis on program development and team-building skills to prepare students for careers in a wide variety of media-related positions. The curriculum’s emphasis on the electronic media industry allows students to attain a high level of digital production expertise.
Digital Media Production video courses are designed to develop professional level skills in broadcast, non-broadcast, client-based and new media programs. Audio courses enhance students’ abilities in multi-track studio recording and mixing techniques. Students will also be introduced to remote location recording, sound reinforcement, and mixing for digital film.
Experience in multi-camera location shooting, visual design, commercial, news, documentary, music video, and audio productions offer students opportunities to apply their creative talents and broaden their career options. Throughout the curriculum, students are challenged to apply real-world management-level problem-solving techniques within their production teams and when dealing with clients.
The capstone project focuses on developing and producing a video or audio program for an outside client’s product or service. Acting as freelance producers, students work to their predefined budgets, production schedules, and scripts to deliver their finished programs on time while meeting client expectations.
Bachelor of Science Degree
Program Mission, Goals and Outcomes
The mission of the Digital Media Production (BDMP) program is to provide students the opportunity to attain a high level of digital recording expertise and creativity within the electronic media industry.
BDMP is designed to develop professional level broadcast, non-broadcast, client-based, and new media programs. They are conceptualized, budgeted, and scheduled in the pre-production phase of the project. Audio courses enhance the student’s abilities in multi-track studio recording and mixing techniques. Students will be introduced to remote location recording, sound reinforcement, and mixing for digital film.
Students will be challenged to apply real-world problem-solving techniques within their production teams and when dealing with clients.
The BDMP program will:
- Provide appropriate learning opportunities for students to acquire the theoretical knowledge, technical skills, and attitude necessary to obtain positions in broadcast/non-broadcast television, audio recording, and the radio industry.
- Expose students to a wide range of disciplines within the video, audio and radio production industry.
- Allow students to think creatively or apply current knowledge to new problems and situations.
- Develop the student’s ability to function effectively as a member of a team.
- Develop the student's ability to communicate effectively.
- Foster commitment to produce quality work in a creative fashion.
- Enhance the student’s resume and resume reel through specialized course work and the application of advanced production techniques.
- Emphasize the importance of detailed pre-production planning.
Graduates of this program will be able to:
- Develop professional project management skills in the execution of video, audio, and/or radio productions.
- At a professional level and creative level, operate the necessary pieces of equipment to produce a video, audio, and/or radio production based on defined objectives.
- At a professional level and creative level, operate the necessary software to produce a video, audio, and/or radio production based on defined objectives.
- Effectively communicate orally and in writing.
- Develop a sense of professionalism and a job search strategy to prepare students for the workplace.
Bachelor of Science Degree
- DMP 101 Video Techniques/Studio 1
- DMP 103 Audio Design
- DMP 105 Visual Design
- DMP 106 Motion Graphics 1
- DMP 125 Digital Editing
- DMP 127 Field Shooting/Lighting
- DMP 134 Studio Production
- DMP 136 Audio Recording 1
- DMP 146 Audio Recording 2
- DMP 206 Motion Graphics 2
- DMP 215 Corporate Media
- DMP 217 From Pre to Post
- DMP 227 Radio 1 – Programming
- DMP 231 Digital Filmmaking
- DMP 232 Independent Production
- DMP 237 Radio 2 – Talk and Information
- DMP 240 Internship
- DMP 250 Portfolio
- DMP 305 Digital Editing 2
- DMP 307 Visual Design 2
- DMP 325 Remote Radio Production (5 weeks)
- DMP 328 Music Recording Techniques (5 weeks)
- DMP 331 News Production
- DMP 336 Multi-Track Recording
- DMP 337 Sound Reinforcement 1
- DMP 338 Broadcast Pre-Production (5 Weeks)
- DMP 357 Field Audio Production
- DMP 380 Visual Effects
- DMP 401 Documentary Filmmaking
- DMP 402 Freelance Project Pre-Production
- DMP 406 The Business of Music and Radio Station Management (5 Weeks)
- DMP 410 Sound for Picture
- DMP 416 Production Practicum
- DMP 421 Video Post-Production
- DMP 423 Advertising
- DMP 426 Commercial Production
- DMP 431 Remote Production
- DMP 440 Career Preparation
- DMP 445 Sound Reinforcement 2
- DMP 447 Mixdown 1
- DMP 449 Mixdown 2
- DMP 451 Digital Portfolio
- DMP 455 Freelance Production