Mission, Goals and Outcomes
The Bachelor of Science in Automotive Service Management program is designed to provide students with a broad range of management, business, and technical skills applicable to employment in the transportation industries. The program provides education and training in management, accounting and cash flow, human resources and personnel supervision, financial planning, inventory controls, warranty management, sales promotions, software applications, and industry specific topics. Through various teaching methodologies students will be exposed to theory and application of customer service skills, management of employees, and system controls. Graduates of this BS program will be prepared to seek entry-level to mid-level positions such as general service manager, sales manager, human resource manager, service writer, parts manager, warranty administrator, fleet manager, collision repair production manager, and marina and boatyard manager.
Graduates will be able to:
- Set goals and objectives, solve business problems and make informed decisions using integrated business knowledge and data, including the proficient use of technology.
- Manage diverse people, teams, and projects to achieve organizational goals.
- Adapt to rapid evolution in automotive technology and business by understanding the connected technologies that support new transportation products and services and the mobility ecosystem.
- Demonstrate superior customer service to internal and external clients.
- Effectively communicate to internal and external customers, with awareness of audience and medium.
- Recognize, analyze, and navigate business and professional ethical issues.
- Understand the role of accounting and finance in business management for budget, expense, inventory, P&L, and be able to apply financial statements in appropriate business strategies and goals.
- Operate in or manage a facility according to safety, compliance, and environmental rules and regulations, including OSHA, EPA, etc.