New England Tech’s Master’s of Construction Management program blends modern construction management theory, best practices, and technical skills with the contemporary business management principles that drive 21st century organizational performance.
In addition to the required curriculum, an introduction to the use of scheduling, estimating, and building information modeling (BIM) software programs as analytical tools is offered as an elective for students who wish to upgrade these technical skills.
All courses are fully online, with the exception of MSCM542 Building Information Modeling, which a features a hands-on laboratory component and will meet at our main campus in East Greenwich, RI.
The program consists of 45 credits, including the following courses.
- MSCM510 Fundamentals of Project Management
- MSCM511 Construction Delivery Methods
- MSCM520 Effective Projects and Teams
- MSCM521 Risk Management
- MSCM531 Construction Health and Safety
- MSCM532 Construction Project Finance & Cost Accounting
- MSCM541 Lean Construction Principles & Practices
- Electives (choose one)
- MSCM542 Building Information Modeling (includes required on-campus hands-on sessions)
- MSCM543 Infrastructure Planning & Development
- MSCM512 Construction and the Environment
- MSCM513 Relationship & Dispute Management
- MSCM540 Leadership in the 21st Century (5 credits)
Total Credit Hours = 45
All courses are 4 credits unless otherwise noted.