Mission Goals and Outcomes
The master’s degree in Information Technology at New England Institute of Technology is designed for IT professionals who want to advance their knowledge in the information technology field as a precursor for management in the IT industry.
The program emphasizes the relevance of continuous learning to personal and professional growth through the combination of advanced technical courses and an integrated management core. Employment opportunities may include positions such as Project Manager, Network Manager, Chief Information Officer (CIO), Chief Technical Officer (CTO), Business Analyst, and Systems Integrator.
The program is designed to equip the current or aspiring IT manager with the necessary tools to make deliberate decisions that affect an organization’s informational needs. The program’s mission is built around the components that make up the informational infrastructure: the software applications that support the business processes, the information and data sources used to store the data, the processes used to secure the data, the network used to access data and applications, and the people who design, manage and implement the applications, data and the network.
While the bachelor’s degree in information technology focuses on preparing graduates to secure, design, and implement applications, databases and networks, the master’s program provides graduates with the ability to analyze business scenarios, anticipate and respond to a continuously changing environment and effectively assign resources to the components that make up the organization’s information system.
The mission of The Master's program in Information Technology (MSIT) is to prepare students for a management career in Information Technology. Students will develop their ability to analyze business scenarios from a financial, legal and technical perspective and make informed decisions on alternative technical solutions. Upon graduation. they will be able to apply for positions in Information Technology Management.
- Provide students with learning opportunities that deepen their understanding of network design, technologies and infrastructure.
- Provide opportunities for students to develop skills as a leader of a team.
- Increase the student's ability to apply established processes to the design and development of databases, data warehouses and software applications.
- Enhance the clarity and precision of students' written and oral presentation skills in the communication of technical information.
- Provide an environment that encourages self-learning and the continuation of each student's education beyond graduation by furthering each student's ability to assess, adapt to and incorporate new concepts, ideas, and evolving technologies.
- Successful graduates of the advanced degree program will be able to successfully demonstrate each of the following learning outcomes.
- Design and adapt scalable secure corporate networks and applications that support the specific organizational needs, for a given business model while allowing for reasonable changes to the corporate environment.
- Identify, organize and analyze the informational needs of an organization using current data warehousing and analytics tools.
- Effectively manage Information Technology projects using sound financial reasoning and project management skills, understanding and supporting the organization and its connection to society.
- Apply skills in problem predicting, detecting, and solving, and thinking logically, flexibly and critically about business problems with strong Information Technology components.
- Develop an appreciation for professional development and life-long learning and the character to encourage these qualities in others.