The job market continues to be very active for graduates of the New England Institute of Technology. Employers value NEIT’s Career Services Office as a recruiting resource when seeking highly skilled technical employees.
Transportation Technologies Career Fair
Thursday, January 23, 2014 (week 3) || 10 am – 12 noon, AC building, Access Rd. Campus
Students from all quarters are invited to meet with local and regional employers to discuss full and part-time job opportunities. Employers from the Automotive, Collision Repair, Service Management and Marine industries will be on hand to talk with students and graduates about potential opportunities.
Technology Career Expo 2014
Thursday, March 6, 2014 (week 8) || 9:30 am – 12 noon, Tech Way, EG campus
Open to all alumni and currently enrolled students – technology related employers.
**All our events are open for all NEIT students and graduates only.
News from the Career Services Office:
- FM Global conducted interviews on November 1st for their IT co-op openings that will begin in January 2014. FM Global interviewed students from Network and Software Engineering Technology as well as Game Development and Simulation Programming Technology. The company has had a strong partnership with NEIT’s Information Technology department for over 8 years and they have hired numerous graduates who have participated in the co-op program.
- Sensata Technologies located in Attleboro, MA was on campus for a student presentation on Thursday November 14. They were interested in speaking with students and graduates from ESTA/EETB, ELTB, MCTA, & MCTB about current opportunities that exist at their Attleboro, MA facility. They have also established a student co-op/internship opportunity for currently enrolled students to gain valuable work experience.
- Our recent Vet Tech Career Fair brought 12 local veterinary facilities to campus to meet with our upcoming graduates about current and future job opportunities.
- Three local automotive employers joined the annual cookout at Access Road: Geico, AutoZone and Home Depot recruited for part-time openings
- The second annual Health Care Employment Fair was held on Thursday, October 24 from 8:30 – 11:30. 18 healthcare organizations including a few hospitals were represented, recruiting for a variety of positions.
- The Interior Design Technology programs, at both the Associate in Science and Bachelor of Science degree levels at New England Institute of Technology (NEIT), prepare students to be proficient in the art and technology of designing residential and commercial interiors.
- Read the article “INTERIOR DESIGN Not Just Pillows and Paint” www.ricreativemag.com that describes the ID program and a recent grad who organized the second annual Gallery Night at NEIT.
- Sensata Technologies has partnered with NEIT for internship opportunities for our Engineering Technology students. The company will be on-campus for class presentations promoting the program to students.
- Brown University Athletic Department has hired several Video & Audio Production and Digital Recording Arts Technology grads to video live streaming of Brown University’s soccer, football and basketball games. There are opportunities to video ongoing sports programs in the future.
- National Refrigeration Inc. just hired its seventh NEIT grad! National Refrigeration Inc. has hired graduates from our Plumbing/Heating/Gas Technology as well as Refrigeration/Air Conditioning/Heating/Gas Technology
- Automotive employers are finding it very hard to fill open positions especially those on Cape Cod. Companies are now looking at taking on students on a part-time basis to begin to develop their own future full-time staff.
- Residential building is ticking up in RI, commercial construction is very busy in MA and in parts of CT. Employers are stating that they are “very busy with lots of work” and “in need of carpenters”. Also the last year has been busy for Architecture and Building Technology and Construction Management Technology; companies are now taking on drafters and junior project managers/estimators.
- More opportunities are coming in for our Plumbing and Refrigeration/Air Conditioning/Heating grads. Many employers are growing and contacting the Career Services Office looking for new grads.
- There has been an increase in postings for internship and student part-time job opportunities that are not official internships. Students are encouraged to take advantage of these opportunities and projects while completing their programs.
- Many job requests for Medical Assistants come into the office every week. Two former Medical Assistant graduates went on to very high level career positions as a result of several years of work in the field and all of the training that they received both in school and on the job.
- Students from the first classes of Veterinary Technology graduates have completed the program and have already found jobs in their field upon graduation.
- Several graduates from the Game Development and Simulation Programming Technology program were offered jobs in the Boston area and are making educational games.
- Travel Centers of America is opening a facility in West Greenwich, RI and visited the Automotive School campus to tour and interview grads. Four graduates were hired as a result of the visit.
- A local sports stadium has hired Construction Management students for paid internship as Construction Assistants.