Written by: Cindra Drowne-Walsh
When AutoCAD 2015 first opens you will notice it visually has a darker theme. The Drawing and Ribbon (interface) area now offer less of a contrast to each other and blend into one another.
This is how AutoCAD 2015 looks with an initial install /no modifications. Dark theme.
Some people are willing to accept change others are not. For those who are not so open to change AutoCAD never takes away features and or options (they may nest them away and make it hard to locate) so the user can usually access previous features or preference.
The Darker theme can be changed to a Light theme. Here’s how.
- Open the Options dialog box:
- Where to access the Options dialog box
- Found at the bottom of the Application menu:
- Right –Clicking in the drawing area and it is found at the bottom of the pop up menu.
- Select the Display Tab
- Color Scheme found right below the section Window Elements.
- This is a drop down with two options Dark or Light. Select your options select Apply at the bottom of the dialog box and the change happens instantly.
- Select OK to close the dialog box.
AutoCAD 2015 with the theme changed to the Light option. Notice the Ribbon and Status Bar areas are lighter.
This feature is all about preference: the concept with the new Dark theme is to add continuity and may help reduce eye strain.