The New England Institute of Technology, Masters of Science in Construction Management program is proud to be a 2016 Gold Sponsor of the Construction Management Association of America – New England chapter (CMAA NE). Our faculty designed the program for the hands-on construction manager, and the curriculum aligns with the CCM certification. Visit our website to learn more. We look forward to working with you to advance your career in Construction Management.
NEIT Joins the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements for its Online Degree Programs
Dr. Douglas H. Sherman, Senior Vice President and Provost at New England Institute of Technology (NEIT), announced that the university has been approved by the State of Rhode Island to participate in the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements (NC-SARA). SARA is a voluntary agreement among member states, districts, and territories that establishes comparable national standards for interstate offering of postsecondary distance education courses and programs. It is intended to simplify the process for students taking online courses offered by postsecondary institutions based in another state.
SARA is overseen by a National Council and administered by four regional education compacts. The members of SARA are states, not institutions or students. Therefore, a state becomes a member of SARA while a college or university participates in the SARA initiative. States may join SARA through their respective regional compact.
In order to gain SARA approval, the State of Rhode Island passed legislation to join the national agreement at the state level. NEIT had to also participate in a certification process by the Rhode Island Office of the Commissioner for Postsecondary Education to be granted status as a participant. Nearly 40 states across the country have earned the SARA designation. New England Tech is one of four Rhode Island participating institutions of higher learning.
SARA’s mission is to make distance education courses more accessible to students across state lines, as well as make it easier for states to regulate and institutions to participate in interstate distance education work. As a result, institutions of higher learning can make their academic programs more widely available and accept enrollments from students in many other states. All SARA institutions must annually commit to providing high-quality online learning opportunities to students.
In January of this year, U.S. News & World Report released its 2016 Best Online Programs and New England Tech earned the No.1 spot in Rhode Island for its online bachelor of science degree programs and was ranked 3rd in New England as well as 49th nationally. Sherman stated, “Earning this recognition is a testament to the important work that our faculty, instructional design staff and student services team have performed in making our online learning environments the absolute best that they can be. Now that our university is a SARA participant, we look forward to assisting students across the county to achieve their academic goals.”
For more information on any of NEIT’s programs, contact the Admissions Office at 800-736-7744, 401-467-7744, by email at NEITAdmissions@neit.edu or visit www.neit.edu.
May was a busy month for the Career Services Office. Over 330 job leads came through the office marking the most leads in a month so far in 2016!
Here’s a look at job leads that came through at the end of the month:
- An online job board dedicated to the Marine industry currently has close to 100 jobs in the Marine Trades around the country! There are about 25 jobs in MA and RI in jobs ranging from Sales, Office Help, Yard Foreman to Technicians and Charter Boat Captains.
- A Warwick, RI company is looking for a Service Advisor and a Plainville, MA company is looking for a Service Writer from our Automotive Service Management program.
- An automotive group out of Florida took over an existing truck center in East Providence and is looking for Auto Body and Diesel Technicians, Auto Body Painters, Parts, Warehouse and a Service Advisor.
- A Wellesley, MA company needs a few Auto Body Technicians.
- A Bristol, RI company looking for a Body Shop Technician.
- A Brockton, MA company needs a Collision Repair Technician.
- A packaging manufacturer in Johnston, RI posted a Graphic Artist job. They have hired many GMW grads in the past.
- A staffing company posted an entry-level role for a Graphic Artist in Medway, MA.
- A world-class marketing company in Pawtucket, RI posted a role for an Art Director.
- A local Breast Cancer Resource Foundation reached out to NEIT seeking a paid intern from the Graphics, Multimedia, and Web Design program. The candidate would be working on artwork for a book of poetry written by cancer survivors.
- A large investment company in N. Smithfield, RI will have two major hiring events in 2017 and will be looking for Bachelor level candidates primarily from IT Software Engineering and Game Development. They host a program featuring intensive training in North Carolina prior to starting work in RI.
- A Massachusetts Public School district posted 3 jobs for IT Network Engineering graduates: Computer Technician, Network Systems Technician, and a Technology Integration Technician.
- A company in Taunton, MA posted a well-paying Co-op opportunity for a student in IT Networking or Cyber Security. The Co-op is full time and pays between $17 – $19 per hour.
- A Massachusetts-based technology staffing company is seeking candidates from: IT Networking, IT Software Engineering, Cyber Security, and Game Development. They have multiple jobs open in Massachusetts and New Hampshire.
- A Rhode Island-based staffing company posted a role for a part time Web Developer that would work well for students in the IT Software, Game Development and/or Graphics, Multimedia, and Web Design programs.
- A technology firm in Newport, RI has hired about 10 NEIT grads from Game Development and Simulation Programming and IT Software and just posted 3 more! “We hope to fill all 3 jobs with NEIT grads”.
- A Rhode Island-based insurance company is recruiting for an Assistant Auditor with a Programming background.
- A division of the City of Providence posted a role for a Network Operations Analyst that would be a good fit for Networking and Cyber Security graduates.
- A Public School district in Rhode Island reached out again for a Network Technician. The role was previously held by a NEIT graduate who has taken a new position with a cyber security company in Foxboro, MA.
- A company in Middletown, RI posted multiple jobs for ITN grads. The roles range from Jr. Help Desk, to Sr. Help Desk Technician, to Network Technician. They also posted a Mid-level Systems Admin and a Web Developer role.
- An IT firm posted a well-paying role for a Network Engineer in Providence, RI.
- A local division of the military has posted a position for a Video Broadcaster in the Public Affairs Department.
- A local marketing firm is looking for an ongoing Photographer/Videographer needed for non-profit clients. The first event is the Gloria Gemma Breast Cancer Foundation 3-day walk.
Some of these positions require some years of experience with licenses for Plumbing or HVAC:
- Boston, MA – Power Plant Technician $42/HOUR
- Boston, MA – HVAC Specialist $30 – $35/HOUR
- North Kingstown, RI – General Maintenance Technician
- North Kingstown, RI – Maintenance (mechanical, electrical, metal fabricating, painting, carpentry)
- A sleep center posted a role for a Clinical Medical Assistant. The role is appropriate for a grad from either Clinical Medical Assistant or Electronic Medical Records.
- A local dermatology office recently hired a Clinical Medical Assistant graduate and reached out again to say that they are so happy with her that they are looking to hire another CMA from NEIT!
- A group of recent grads from Medical Lab Technology have found work in their chosen field and are employed at the following hospitals: Morton Hospital, St. Anne’s, Rhode Island Hospital, and South County Hospital.
Surgical Tech’s needed!
- A hospital in New Bedford, MA has 3 openings
- A hospital in Willimantic, CT has 2 openings and is in dire need – Manchester Community College closed their ST program.
- A staffing agency is looking for 4-5 Surgical Tech’s outside of the Boston area to be trained in Cardiac Surgery.
- A contract rehab company based in Fall River, MA has hired many Occupational Therapy Assistant and Physical Therapist Assistant grads and are reaching out again seeking multiple PTAs for roles in Massachusetts.
- A Dog Training Academy posted a full time and part time job as an Assistant Dog Trainer. The roles would work for students or graduates from the Veterinary Tech or Animal Business Management programs.
- A CJ AS degree grad was hired into a union position as a Clerk for United Government Security Officers of America. She starts her new job at a site being built in Wareham, MA.
- RI Airport Corporation Police Department has opened up their recruitment selection process.
- Homeland Security has posted Transportation Security Officers for all airports across the country.
Electrical Technology (7 job postings in 1 week!)
- Control Panel Technician – North Attleboro, MA
- Field Technician – Cranston, RI
- Field Service Engineer – Massachusetts territory
- Alarm Technician – Rocky Hill, CT/Riverside, RI
- Service Technician (Wind Turbines) – Coventry, RI
- Electrical Technician – New York, NY
- Commercial Service Technician – Boston, MA
EAST GREENWICH, RI, USA – Dr. Douglas H. Sherman, Senior Vice President and Provost at New England Institute of Technology, is pleased to announce that the following graduates received their degrees at the university’s 76th Commencement Ceremony held on May 1, 2016. New England Tech awarded more than 1160 graduates with an Associate in Science (AS), Bachelor of Science (BS) or Master of Science (MS) Degrees.
British Virgin Island graduates and the Minister of Education are pictured from left to right.
Myron Walwyn Minister of Education
Shaun Mactavious Associate degree in Criminal Justice Technology
Akeymo Percival Associate degree in Information Technology
Sherebe Lettsome Associate degree in Automotive Technology
Chad Rymer Associate degree in Surgical Technology
Jakeem Williams Associate degree in Architectural Building Engineering Technology
Shaheda Christopher Associate degree in Criminal Justice Technology
Karen Vanterpool Bachelor degree in Business Management Technology
Creighton Brewley Associate degree in Electronics Systems Technology
Carlos Rodriguez-Turnbull Associate degree in Architectural Building Engineering Technology
EAST GREENWICH, RI, USA – Dr. Douglas H. Sherman, Senior Vice President and Provost at New England Institute of Technology, is pleased to announce that the following graduates received their degrees at the college’s 76th Commencement Ceremony held on May 1, 2016. New England Tech awarded more than 1160 graduates with an Associate in Science (AS), Bachelor of Science (BS) or Master of Science (MS) Degrees.
Bahama graduates and New England Institute of Technology (NEIT) staff are pictured from left to right.
Kerrin Cano NEIT International Admissions Specialist
Justin Higgs AS degree in Marine Technology
Kriston Smith AS degree in Electrical Technology
Kristopher Fox BS degree in Mechanical Engineering Technology
Andre Rahming AS degree in Marine Technology
Antonio Adderley BS degree in Business Management
Mycheal Hart BS degree in Automotive Service Management
Catherine Fabrizi, International Student Advisor
Gianna Johnson AS in Marine Technology
Alexander McIntosh BS in Construction Management Technology
As Dr. Sherman stated, “We are so proud to have these outstanding students graduate from our university. International students offer all faculty, staff and students the opportunity to learn about various cultures. It has been a great learning experience for everyone.”
The Feinstein Enriching America Awards were held on March 8, 2016, at NEIT’s East Greenwich campus. Students and staff were recognized for their tireless efforts in sharing their time and talent with so many worthy organizations within the community. Individual awards were presented to an associate level student, a bachelor’s level student, and an NEIT librarian. Students from the Automotive Technology program and the Information Technology program were also recognized for their good work. Congratulations to the following individuals for serving those in need.
New England Tech would like to Congratulate you both on this fantastic accomplishment!
Source: Top in the state