Written by: Cindra Drowne-Walsh
The Start Up screen is connected to all New Tabs and offers two options, the LEARN and CREATE screen. This feature replaces the Welcome window in previous releases.
Here is the breakdown of the NEW TAB pages.
CREATE page you will find:
- Getting Started: Where you open or start drawings.
- Start drawing: (blue box) this opens a new drawing using the ACAD.DWT template.
- Template: drop down arrow, this displays AutoCAD’s predefined templates, and also allows the creation of a new Sheet Set.
- Open Files…: access to existing Drawing files.
- Open a Sheet Sheet…: access to existing Sheet Sets.
- Get More Templates On Line: Brings you to AUTODESK Knowledge Network web site right to the Download tab for many template files.
- Explore Sample Drawings: This brings you into the Sample directory that is installed when AutoCAD is installed.
- Recent Documents: quick access to the latest documents used. These DWG files can be pinned.
- Connect:Autodesk 360 and Feedback
- Autodesk 360: In short this is AutoCAD’s Cloud storage option – you must register before you are able to access this option.
- Feedback: Brings you right into AUTODESK’s Contact Us page where you can leave feedback/comment of your AutoCAD experience. They are looking for an email address, Country, Product, Product Release Number and then your Comments. In hopes to improve their products.
- What’s New: A video that shows an overview of new key features.
- Getting started: Videos explaining the new User Interface, Creating and Modifying Objects.
- Feature Video: Videos covering new features.
- Tip: Brings you out to the AUTODESK COMMUNITY web site that offers 20 to 40 minute interactive webinars if you subscribe, if you don’t subscribe you can preview past webinars along with the Q&A from those webinars.
- Online Resources: There are three areas to choose from which all offer online information of AutoCAD topics.
- Hitchhicker’s – AutoCAD basic information
- AUTODESK – Brings you to the Knowledge Network that offers SUPPORT, LEARNING, and online COMMUNITY.
- Lynda.com – additional tutorials / 30 day free trial