May was a busy month for the Career Services Office. Over 330 job leads came through the office marking the most leads in a month so far in 2016!
Here’s a look at job leads that came through at the end of the month:
- An online job board dedicated to the Marine industry currently has close to 100 jobs in the Marine Trades around the country! There are about 25 jobs in MA and RI in jobs ranging from Sales, Office Help, Yard Foreman to Technicians and Charter Boat Captains.
- A Warwick, RI company is looking for a Service Advisor and a Plainville, MA company is looking for a Service Writer from our Automotive Service Management program.
- An automotive group out of Florida took over an existing truck center in East Providence and is looking for Auto Body and Diesel Technicians, Auto Body Painters, Parts, Warehouse and a Service Advisor.
- A Wellesley, MA company needs a few Auto Body Technicians.
- A Bristol, RI company looking for a Body Shop Technician.
- A Brockton, MA company needs a Collision Repair Technician.
- A packaging manufacturer in Johnston, RI posted a Graphic Artist job. They have hired many GMW grads in the past.
- A staffing company posted an entry-level role for a Graphic Artist in Medway, MA.
- A world-class marketing company in Pawtucket, RI posted a role for an Art Director.
- A local Breast Cancer Resource Foundation reached out to NEIT seeking a paid intern from the Graphics, Multimedia, and Web Design program. The candidate would be working on artwork for a book of poetry written by cancer survivors.
- A large investment company in N. Smithfield, RI will have two major hiring events in 2017 and will be looking for Bachelor level candidates primarily from IT Software Engineering and Game Development. They host a program featuring intensive training in North Carolina prior to starting work in RI.
- A Massachusetts Public School district posted 3 jobs for IT Network Engineering graduates: Computer Technician, Network Systems Technician, and a Technology Integration Technician.
- A company in Taunton, MA posted a well-paying Co-op opportunity for a student in IT Networking or Cyber Security. The Co-op is full time and pays between $17 – $19 per hour.
- A Massachusetts-based technology staffing company is seeking candidates from: IT Networking, IT Software Engineering, Cyber Security, and Game Development. They have multiple jobs open in Massachusetts and New Hampshire.
- A Rhode Island-based staffing company posted a role for a part time Web Developer that would work well for students in the IT Software, Game Development and/or Graphics, Multimedia, and Web Design programs.
- A technology firm in Newport, RI has hired about 10 NEIT grads from Game Development and Simulation Programming and IT Software and just posted 3 more! “We hope to fill all 3 jobs with NEIT grads”.
- A Rhode Island-based insurance company is recruiting for an Assistant Auditor with a Programming background.
- A division of the City of Providence posted a role for a Network Operations Analyst that would be a good fit for Networking and Cyber Security graduates.
- A Public School district in Rhode Island reached out again for a Network Technician. The role was previously held by a NEIT graduate who has taken a new position with a cyber security company in Foxboro, MA.
- A company in Middletown, RI posted multiple jobs for ITN grads. The roles range from Jr. Help Desk, to Sr. Help Desk Technician, to Network Technician. They also posted a Mid-level Systems Admin and a Web Developer role.
- An IT firm posted a well-paying role for a Network Engineer in Providence, RI.
- A local division of the military has posted a position for a Video Broadcaster in the Public Affairs Department.
- A local marketing firm is looking for an ongoing Photographer/Videographer needed for non-profit clients. The first event is the Gloria Gemma Breast Cancer Foundation 3-day walk.
Some of these positions require some years of experience with licenses for Plumbing or HVAC:
- Boston, MA – Power Plant Technician $42/HOUR
- Boston, MA – HVAC Specialist $30 – $35/HOUR
- North Kingstown, RI – General Maintenance Technician
- North Kingstown, RI – Maintenance (mechanical, electrical, metal fabricating, painting, carpentry)
- A sleep center posted a role for a Clinical Medical Assistant. The role is appropriate for a grad from either Clinical Medical Assistant or Electronic Medical Records.
- A local dermatology office recently hired a Clinical Medical Assistant graduate and reached out again to say that they are so happy with her that they are looking to hire another CMA from NEIT!
- A group of recent grads from Medical Lab Technology have found work in their chosen field and are employed at the following hospitals: Morton Hospital, St. Anne’s, Rhode Island Hospital, and South County Hospital.
Surgical Tech’s needed!
- A hospital in New Bedford, MA has 3 openings
- A hospital in Willimantic, CT has 2 openings and is in dire need – Manchester Community College closed their ST program.
- A staffing agency is looking for 4-5 Surgical Tech’s outside of the Boston area to be trained in Cardiac Surgery.
- A contract rehab company based in Fall River, MA has hired many Occupational Therapy Assistant and Physical Therapist Assistant grads and are reaching out again seeking multiple PTAs for roles in Massachusetts.
- A Dog Training Academy posted a full time and part time job as an Assistant Dog Trainer. The roles would work for students or graduates from the Veterinary Tech or Animal Business Management programs.
- A CJ AS degree grad was hired into a union position as a Clerk for United Government Security Officers of America. She starts her new job at a site being built in Wareham, MA.
- RI Airport Corporation Police Department has opened up their recruitment selection process.
- Homeland Security has posted Transportation Security Officers for all airports across the country.
Electrical Technology (7 job postings in 1 week!)
- Control Panel Technician – North Attleboro, MA
- Field Technician – Cranston, RI
- Field Service Engineer – Massachusetts territory
- Alarm Technician – Rocky Hill, CT/Riverside, RI
- Service Technician (Wind Turbines) – Coventry, RI
- Electrical Technician – New York, NY
- Commercial Service Technician – Boston, MA