Even though it’s break week for students, the job opportunities are still rolling in!
Multiple IT jobs and internships came into the office this week including:
• Technician role for Cyber Security & Information Technology/Network Engineering grads
• 3D Internship opportunities for Game Development/Simulation Programming & Information Technology/Software Engineering students
• Jr. Full Stack Developer role for Information Technology/Software Engineering and Game Development/Simulation Programming grads
• Field Application Engineer for Cyber Security & Information Technology/Network Engineering grads
Graphics, Multimedia & Web Design:
A part-time student level job came in from a print design studio in East Greenwich. All of the skills that they are seeking are skills that GMW students gain including; InDesign, Illustrator, and Publisher.
We also received a role for a Digital Designer for a media company in New Haven, CT.
An automotive service company posted a PowerPoint project job for GMW students to help train candidates in driving school.
A Clinical Medical Assistant position came in from a doctor’s office in Cranston. We are seeing jobs come in on a very steady basis seeking Clinical Medical Assistant’s due to the present shortage of candidates in the field. A recent Clinical Medical Assistant grad said she is “seeing more jobs for CMA’s than there are candidates to fill them!”
Physical Therapist Assistant: Several jobs came in for Physical Therapist Assistants. We get a number of jobs in the New England area as well as jobs from across the US. Jobs this week:
• A sports medicine company in California contacted NEIT looking for PTA graduates. They work almost exclusively with sports medicine related injuries.
• Also received a full-time PTA job for a company in Vermont.
7 Current opportunities for Electrical Technology grads:
• Security/Low Voltage Technician, West Boylston, MA
• Electrical CAD Analyst, Hartford, CT
• Apprentice, Warwick, RI
• Fabricator, Coventry, RI
• Engineering Technician, Attleboro, MA
• Apprentices/Assistant Project Manager, North Billerica, MA
• Installation Technician, Warwick, RI
CAREERS IN THE CONSTRUCTION TRADES!
Northeastern Retail Lumber Association (NRLA) invited faculty and students from Building Construction/Cabinetmaking and Construction Management to attend the Lumber & Building Materials Expo on Friday, 2/12. NRLA organized a light breakfast and a few speakers from the industry: National Lumber, L Sweet Lumber and Douglas Lumber spoke to students about what the world of construction looks like today.
• The 16 students had the chance to visit with show exhibitors and both students and faculty found this to be a great event for making future contacts for job opportunities and learning about new products.
• Joe Sepe, BCC Department Chair has invited 3 companies to come to campus and visit with the students in his class.
• Many of the students commented that they had no idea there were so many different opportunities within the construction/lumber industry once they graduate!
Look at this great Tweet from Douglas Lumber!
We were honored to speak to this great group of men and women from New England Tech this morning at the NRLA expo… https://t.co/8EfNIY9YXY
— Douglas Lumber (@DouglasLumber) February 12, 2016