New Year = New Hires!
Here’s the latest news of graduates who have recently obtained employment!
- Social Media Associate for the Better Business Bureau, Eastern MA, ME, RI & VT (DMP)
- Machine Operator at Ecological Fibers, Pawtucket, RI (BCC)
- Engineer Building Auditor hired by RI Army National Guard (ABTB)
- Systems Administrator with Collette Vacations in Pawtucket, RI (ITN)
- Jr. Software Engineer with the Department of Defense (through the Navy) (ITS)
- Software Developer with AIPSO, Johnston, RI (ITS)
- Social Media/Graphics position with New England Publishing Company, Swansea, MA (GMW)
- HVAC Apprentice – RACH grad interviewed with Regan Heating/AC and was offered the job the next day!
- December 2016 MT grad completed a 6-week internship with Herreshoff Marine Museum restoring antique boats. Due to his work, he was referred to Bristol Boat Company, Bristol, RI and was hired as a Shop Assistant to restore and construct yachts.
- RI Engine Company, Narragansett, RI hired a WEL student for a Paid Internship – first internship for the program and first woman! Company also hired a MT Intern in the summer then made him permanent employee in September.
- Many of the MLT grads are finding work before we even meet with them! This is an excellent career choice with significant job opportunities. 4 graduates were recently hired as Lab Techs at area hospitals:
- Memorial Hospital, Pawtucket, RI
- Miriam Hospital, Providence, RI
- UMASS Memorial, Worcester, MA
- South County Hospital, Wakefield, RI
Here’s a collection of job opportunities that employers contacted the Career Services about this week:
- A publishing company in Swansea, MA posted 3 Internships for GMW students. The owner has 3 interns now and he is “extremely happy with NEIT students.”
- A retail facility in Cumberland, RI posted a role for a paid E-Commerce Intern
Help wanted! Positions are open in the following areas:
- Warwick, RI – Technician
- East Providence, RI – Oil/Lube Technicians and Service Advisors
- Franklin, MA – Maintenance Tech (part time)
- Braintree, MA – Mechanic (part time)
- New London, CT – Mercedes-Benz Technician
- Tiverton, RI – Mercedes-Benz Technician
- Groton, CT – Technician
- Beverly, MA – Lube Technician
- Many medical facilities are seeking Medical Assistants (MAA). A job came in today from a facility in Providence, RI seeking a Medical Assistant for the Pediatric Division.
- A major health care provider in the area posted 4 open jobs for Respiratory Therapists (RC)
- A Surgical Technician is needed in Newton, MA (ST)
- An eye care facility out of Boston, MA is seeking both Surgical Tech & RN candidates (ST/NUR)
- Local company has a Field Service Engineer position for the New England area
- 2 positions for Technicians in Canton and Tauton, MA at $20-27/hour
- Company in East Greenwich, RI has an opening for an Applications Technician
- Company in Foxboro, MA has 2 openings: Electro-Mechcanical Technician & Repair Technician
Positions available in:
- Providence, RI – Sales Manager and Account Executive
- Middletown, RI – Multimedia Specialist
- Senator Bernie Sanders – Press Assistant
- Willimantic, CT – Evening DJ/Production Director
- Providence, RI – Talk Show Host
- A company out of Brockton, MA came out with 3 jobs in hand for ITS roles:
Applications Developer / Supply Chain Systems Analyst / eCommerce Systems Analyst
- A local retailer’s corporate office in North Kingstown, RI posted 3 jobs:
Technical Support Specialist / Supply Chain Applications Support / SR Application Support Manager
- An insurance company in Warwick, RI posted 2 paid internships:
Help Desk and Network Support / Programmer Intern
- A government branch posted a Paid Internship position for CYBT students.
- A company in Warwick, RI posted a role for a Web App/Software Developer.
- A local municpality posted a role for a Technology Support Technician
- A Manager from Hasbro Toys, Pawtucket, RI came out to campus to give a presentation to GDS and VGD students. He announced that he needs 2 – 3 Game Design Interns to take on roles at Hasbro Toys.
- A Cyber Security grad is working for a company in North Providence, RI and stated that the company has 2 NEIT interns now and plans to bring in more with the hopes of hiring them full time.
- A national organization posted over 10 jobs for Vet Tech roles across the US!
Positions available with multiple companies in:
- Providence, RI – looking for Construction Technician
- Providence, RI – seeking CET candidates for a Survey Rod Technician
- Avon, MA – looking for a Jr AutoCAD Drafter
- Boston, MA – seeking Repair & Maintenance Technicians
- Lewiston, ME – looking for a Construction Field Engineer
- Lincoln, RI – seeking a Project Manager/Estimator
- Westport, MA – recruiting grads for an Estimator/Assistant PM
- North Smithfield – needs a CAD-Cabinet Vision Drafter
- Portland, ME – recruiting for a Civil Engineering Drafter
- Providence, RI – looking for a MEP Revit CAD Drafter
BUILDING TRADES TECHNOLOGIES
- Electric company in Narragansett, RI is seeking ELY grads for a Licensed Electrician and Generator Technician
- An energy company out of Costa Mesa, CA is seeking Field Service Technicians to work on renewable energy systems, specifically photovoltaic systems, electric vehicle charging stations, and energy storage systems for the New England territory.
- An electric company in Wyoming, RI is looking for a few more Apprentice candidates
Positions available in:
- Watertown, MA – Inside Sales Tech/Rep
- Kingston, RI – Facilities Engineer
- Middletown, CT – HVAC Technician
- Johnston, RI – Plumbing Apprentice
- Smithfield, RI – Plumbing Apprentice (reposted due to volume!)
**PLEASE NOTE: This listing is to provide readers with an overview of the types of positions available to NEIT students and graduates. The Career Services Office maintains specific information pertaining to the employment opportunities.