New England Institute of Technology President Richard I. Gouse announced today that the college is embarking on a $120 million expansion program at its East Greenwich campus.
President Gouse stated, “This is an exciting day for New England Tech. This is the 2nd phase of our $250,000,000 campus development program in East Greenwich. This expansion will allow us to offer on-campus housing for the first time in our college’s 75 year history. We will also be expanding our information technology’s facilities to more than 300,000 square feet. This will make us the region’s largest provider of collegiate level technology driven training. These changes will also allow our college to offer new and expanded degree granting programs in such related areas as information technology, advanced manufacturing, health sciences, architecture, engineering, video/audio production.
- More than 300,000 square feet of new facilities
- A 400 room on-campus dormitory
- Expanded classroom space with increased information technology capability
- A new student dining area
- Expanded amenities for students, including a fitness center
- The development of a “green” open space area
- Infrastructure upgrades to accommodate NEIT’s 226 acre campus, including electrical, water, sewer, drainage, and traffic flow improvements
In addition to our expansion project, we can be proud of New England Tech’s many recent accomplishments:
- The creation of an information technology workforce training initiative dedicated to meeting the needs of regional employers.
- Renewal of NEIT’s accreditation through the New England Association of Schools and Colleges, Inc.
- The recent expansion of the college’s nursing simulation lab making NEIT one of New England’s largest and most comprehensive health science education facilities.
- In conjunction with the Town of East Greenwich and the Rhode Island Department of Transportation, the completion of two transportation projects to assist with traffic flow near our campus.
- The success of our graduates. Continually sought after by employers, since 2005, close to 12,000 students have graduated from New England Tech and have subsequently found employment with more than 4,000 companies, nearly 2,000 of which are located in Rhode Island.
- The celebration of New England Tech’s 75th Anniversary in 2015 with special events throughout the year.
President Gouse concluded, “On behalf of our entire college community I am pleased to announce this commitment to our students, faculty and staff. Our commitment however does not end there. The first two phases in our campus development will represent a $250 million dollar investment in Rhode Island and our host community, East Greenwich. For 75 years we have been on the cutting edge of hands-on career training and thousands of our graduates are employed in high level careers. This economic development investment will not only continue that tradition, but will now place our college at the most advanced levels of workforce training for 21st century employment. We recognize that these are turbulent times and that is why we have instituted progressive measures such as a tuition freeze program and increased financial aid to make our college more affordable. New England Tech, along with the region’s other not-for-profit institutions, understands the key role we play in expanding the local economy. This expansion furthers our on-going commitment to the State of Rhode Island.”
Under the leadership of President Richard I. Gouse, New England Institute of Technology is a private, non-profit technical college with an enrollment of more than 3,000 students and is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges, Inc. Founded in 1940, today the college offers associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and on-line degrees in more than 40 technical and business programs. Each of our degree programs is taught with a proven combination of technical expertise coupled with hands-on learning. For more information, call 800-736-7744 or visit www.neit.edu.