Each year, Heating Department Chair Ron Como brings students together with leaders in the heating industry through classroom presentations and site visits during “Industry Links Week”. This year, from September 12th through September 15th, heating students enrolled in the Plumbing/Heating & Gas Technology and Refrigeration/AC Heating & Gas Technology programs were able to visit with several local companies: Heat Transfer Products, in New Bedford, MA, Modine Heaters in West Kingston, RI, and AMTROL, in East Greenwich, RI. During class time, Chief Mechanical Inspector for the RI Department of Labor & Training, Nick Ranone, addressed the class, as well as Henry Roma, Regional Manager for Santoro Oil Company. The heating industry has seen a burst in job opportunities as qualified candidates continue to be in high demand across all trades. New England Institute of Technology would like to thank all of the companies who were involved in making Industry Links Week a success!
Here’s the latest from the Career Services Office:
- Production Assistant/Master Control Engineer at WLNE/ABC6, Providence, RI (Digital Media Production)
- Assistant Public Information Officer (responsible for video, web and social media content) for the RI Office of Attorney General (Digital Media Production)
- Surgical Technologist at Newport Hospital – as a result of working so hard during her clinical, she’ll start immediately after graduation in September!
- A large insurance company in, RI contacted NEIT to announce an upcoming Career Fair for IT graduates. Many NEIT graduates are currently working with this company and they are hoping to get more!
- A local communications company is coming on-campus to recruit IT candidates for Technical Support roles. They need to hire 20 Techs by the end of September! Many of the managers at this company are NEIT graduates!
- A public school system in Massachusetts is hoping to find candidates for an IT Support role with their group of 13 schools. The person who held the job previously was an IT Networking grad and he is moving into a higher level role.
- A private school in E. Greenwich, RI posted a part time IT internship that works well for an IT Networking or Cyber Security student. They had an NEIT student who moved onto a bigger and better role.
- A Cyber Security company out of W. Warwick, RI posted 2 roles for IT Auditors – ideal for CYBT graduates.
- A company in Providence, RI posted Level II IT Support Professional job – relates well to grads from IT Networking and Cyber Security.
- A local news station posted 2 positions: Creative Services Producer and Producer
- A media company based in East Providence, RI is looking for a General Sales Manager and part time Promotions/Street Team
- A media company in Cranston, RI is looking for Video Editor/Motion Graphics
Part time/Internships in Digital Media Production:
- Warwick, RI: Sales Marketing Rep with experience in video content publishing
- Providence, RI: Video Production/Graphics intern
- Providence, RI: Videographer and Marketing /Social Media Marketing
- A local furniture company posted a role for a Marketing Intern. They need someone who can produce graphics and flyers for their monthly promotions. The role is paid/part time and great for someone in Graphics, Multimedia and Web Design who would like to gain experience in the field.
- Mechanical Designer in Prov., RI; $50-70K
- Jr. Mechanical Engineer for a client in Warwick, RI
- Manufacturing Methods Technician in Woonsocket, RI
- Manufacturing Engineer (BS degree) in Wrentham, MA
- Students needed for a part-time CAD Drafter (20hrs/week) in North Kingstown, RI
- Organization in Warwick, RI seeking a Mentor Program Coordinator
- Office in Providence, RI recruiting for 3 Clerical Intake positions
- Nursing Students & Graduates – Job Fairs for RN’s:
• Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Providence, RI on September 8th
• Access Point RI, Cranston, RI on September 12th
- A Physical Therapy facility in Taunton, MA posted a role for a Physical Therapist Assistant. One of the co-owners of the facility is a graduate from the PTA program!
**NEIT’s annual Health Sciences Fair is being held Thursday, October 20, 2016, from 10:00 AM to 12:30 PM on the East Greenwich Campus. This event is for NEIT Students and Graduates only and is not open to the public.
Boston Festival of Indie Games is an annual event featuring a variety of electronic entertainment produced by small, New England-based developers. It takes place at MIT and is attended by 3500+ video game enthusiast. This will be New England Tech’s fourth year participating as a sponsor. As sponsors, we exhibit the most recent Video Game Development and Design senior project games. It is a great networking opportunity for the seniors who can meet potential employers and collaborators. Other schools represented are WPT, Becker, and Framingham. We have made a very positive showing.
Here are some examples of jobs that came through the Career Services Office this week, including newly hired grads!
- Health Information Technician at Kent Center, Warwick, RI (EMR) – grad had 2 offers in 1 day!
- Jr. Developer for Teknor Apex, Pawtucket, RI (ITS) company is paying for Master’s degree!
- 3 developers hired by Seczetta, Newport, RI (GDS) – company has hired approx. 12 NEIT grads
- Assistant Project Manager hired by Innovative Construction, Tiverton, RI (CMT) Sept. grad.
- Wind Turbine Tech hired by Vensys, Coventry, RI (ELY)
- Owner of a body shop in Providence, RI liked the Auto Collision Repair grad that is currently working for him so much that he is now looking for an Automotive Technician.
- Framingham, MA – Fleet Technician for basic repair of diesel trucks and forklifts
- Providence, RI – Part Time Auto Body Detailer
- Branford, CT – Oil Lube Techs, Technicians, & Valets
- Hamden, CT – Collision Repair Technician
- East Providence, RI – Technician
- Cranston, RI – Entry Level Technician
- Wakefield, RI – Entry Level Technician
- Cranston, RI – Diesel and Sr. Diesel Mechanic
- Sunapee, NH – Technician for classic cars and trucks
- Southeastern MA and all of RI – Management Trainee, Car Detailers & Drivers
- Bristol, RI – Collision Repair
- Warwick, RI – Automotive Technician
- New Rochelle, NY – Marine Technician; pay ranges from $30K to $100k
- North Kingstown, RI – part time Deckhand
- Marblehead, MA – Marine Technician
- Cataumet, MA – Marine Technician
- Chatham, MA – Several openings for Marine Technicians and also for Marine Yard Personnel
- A holistic veterinarian’s office in Bristol, RI is recruiting Vet Tech. The field continues to be very strong with a significant number of job opportunities.
- A veterinary center in Cumberland, RI is seeking a Vet Tech. They stated that there is a shortage of Vet Techs and they are hoping to hire someone with the skills acquired from NEIT.
- Medical Assistant grads continue to be in very high demand in RI, MA, CT and throughout the US.
- Company in Norwood, MA is seeking RC graduates.
- Franklin, MA – seeking Engineering Technician (Electronic Systems Engineering Technology)
- Canton, MA – seeking Production Engineering Lead (Mechanical Engineering Technology)
- Providence, RI – seeking Mechanical Designer (Mechanical Engineering Technology)
- A company in North Providence, RI posted a Paid Internship for a Cyber Security student. The previous CYBT student was subsequently hired by the company.
- A company in Providence, RI posted 2 openings: Sr. Software Engineer and Python Developer – ideal for Information Technology/Software Engineering or Game Development/Simulation Programming grads.
- A Warwick, RI company posted a role for an IT Help Desk Team Leader. The director of IT for this company happens to be an NEIT grad who started his work there in an internship. The company has hired many interns and grads from Information Technology/Network Engineering and Cyber Security.
Here are some examples of jobs that came through the Career Services Office this week:
- A local news station is recruiting for an Editor and Photographer
- A venue management company is seeking a Production Manager
- A media outlet is recruiting students for Part Time Board Operator
- A public access television network is recruiting a Staff Producer
- A local university posted a position for a Digital Media Production Videographer & Editor
- Help Desk Candidate that would work on a short term assignment in Connecticut. This position can help to really build a resume for IT Networking and Cyber Security graduates.
- A role for an IT Desktop Support / Audio Visual Tech. This position works well for a student who is in the IT Networking or the Cyber Security program.
- A role for a Software Programmer that is a good fit for graduates from the IT Software or Game Development programs.
- Tiverton, RI – Assistant Project Manager travel required
- North Attleboro, MA – Drafter
- Providence, RI – Drafting Intern
- Taunton, MA – CAD Drafter
- Bellingham, MA – Drafter/Detailer
- Cranston, RI –3 Drafters
- Johnston, RI – Entry Level Safety Coordinator
- Warwick, RI – Laborer
- Saunderstown, RI – Carpenters
- Portsmouth, RI – Finish Carpenter
- A company based in Warwick, RI hired another grad as a Plumbing Apprentice. This is the 12th Apprentice hired since 2013. They hire both Refrigeration/AC Heating & Gas Technology and Plumbing/Heating & Gas Technology graduates.
- Plumbing company in Cranston, RI is seeking Apprentice candidates
- A water treatment company in Wyoming, RI is recruiting for a Service Technician
- Wallingford, CT – Mechanical/Electrical Designer (Mechanical Engineering Technology/Electrical Engineering Technology)
- Franklin, MA – Seeking Engineering Technicians at two different companies (Electronic Systems Engineering Technology)
- Cranston, RI – Power Electronics Engineer & Electrical Engineer (Electrical Engineering Technology)
- A nursing and rehabilitation facility in West Warwick, RI listed a part time Activity Aide for a health care student.
- Providence, RI facility – has an opening for a Surgical Technologist
- Milford, MA facility – has 2 Surgical Technologist openings
- A staffing agency is looking for candidates to handle phone support for customers regarding their medications.
- A Rhode Island optical dispensary is offering strong pay along with a benefit package and will also provide extra training in ophthalmology.
- An eye care center in Dartmouth, MA is offering benefits and are willing to train a CMA so that he/she can gain additional skills in ophthalmology.
- Bayada Home Health Care in Providence, RI has a new Pediatric Residency Program for RN’s – next class begins in September.
- A Johnston, RI facility is recruiting for a part time RN position.
- A growing rehabilitation facility has jobs in several locations throughout RI and CT.
- A nationwide rehabilitation facility sent a flyer to NEIT stating they have jobs open across the US including: RI, CT, & MA.
Here’s the latest from the Career Services Office:
- Physical Therapist Assistant at Bodymechanix, Wakefield, RI
- 2 Occupational Therapy Assistants at Encore Rehab and a travel agency in NY state
- Videographer/Editor at Fellowship Health Resources, Smithfield, RI
- Surgical Technologist at Kent Hospital hired
- Electrical Apprentice for a contractor in Milford, MA
JOBS THAT CAME IN THIS WEEK
- AutoCAD Detailer in both Pawtucket, RI and Milford, MA
- Maintenance Supervisor in Groton, CT combines Construction Management and Refrigeration/AC Heating & Gas
- Cabinet Maker in Cranston, RI
- Part time Drafter in Central Falls, RI
- Multiple Carpenters in Seekonk, MA
- Part-time Construction Safety Clerk in Cranston, RI
- Part-time Assistant Construction Estimator in Providence, RI
- Service Field Engineer in Cumberland, RI (with job training in Italy!) – Electrical Engineering Technology
- Quality Control Technician in Fall River, MA – Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Documentation Specialist in Providence, RI – Mechanical Engineering & Electrical Engineering Technology
- Engineering Technician Internship in Franklin, MA – Electronic Systems Engineering Technology & Electrical Engineering Technology
- Entry-level IT Support Engineer in Providence, RI that will work for both IT Networking and Cyber Security
- 3 month IT Support role in Providence, RI
- PHP Web Developer in Providence, RI – IT Software, Game Development/Simulation Programming or Information Technology – Master’s Program.
- 2 paid IT internships for IT Software and Game Development/Simulation Programming students. The company is in Newport, RI and has hired over 13 NEIT graduates and they hope to be able to hire more grads by starting them as interns.
- .NET Application Developer – this Newport-based company hired an NEIT candidate last month and now want another one!
- Local outlet store is looking for an Ecommerce Specialist which is a great fit for GMW grads.
- Technician in Exeter, RI to work on State Police vehicles
- Technicians needed throughout New England at an Auto Care chain
- Several openings for Frame Technician and Auto Body Technician in North Kingstown, RI
- Plant Operator in Newport, RI with a mechanical background
- Technicians in North Kingstown, RI for full or part time
- A health care facility in Cranston, RI is seeking an OTR – Occupational Therapy – Master’s Program.
- A medical equipment and supply company is seeking a Respiratory Therapist – Respiratory Care.
- A medical office in Lincoln, RI is seeking a Clinical Medical Assistant.
- A non-profit corporation in Warwick, RI is seeking a Health Information Technician that is a great fit for graduates from the Electronic Medical Records.
- A Primary Care facility in Massachusetts posted two PTA roles with NEIT. Our Physical Therapist Assistant grads continue to have significant opportunities for employment.
- A company in Riverside, RI is looking for part time Security Officers
- Several Rhode Island Police Departments are now accepting applicants for their recruitment drive.
New England Tech is well aware of the lack youth interest in careers in engineering and science fields. This is why we proudly support efforts to improve interest in STEM programs, including participating in U.S. Naval War College’s (NWC) Starship POSEIDON Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) camp.
“This program is designed to offer students the opportunity to experience science and technology as real applications in the Navy,” said Lewis Duncan, NWC provost. “The United States currently has a deficit of engineers and scientists and we need them to keep our country on the leading edge of technological progress, so programs like these are an essential investment in our shared future.” Read More
Wondering what types of careers that are available in manufacturing and shipbuilding? This presentation breaks it down including how Rhode Island and New England Tech are partnering with General Dynamics Electric Boat to help them meet their growing needs for a skilled workforce.
“New England Tech (NEIT) is pleased to continue to assist Governor Raimondo and her economic and workforce development team in creating a pipeline of qualified workers for Electric Boat. Preparing NEIT students for employment is rooted in our 76-year history and mission. In the past ten years, New England Tech has more than 13,000 Associate in Science, Bachelor of Science and Master of Science graduates who have gone to work for nearly 5,000 employers, one-half of which are located in Rhode Island.” – NEIT President Richard Gouse
Chris Esper, New England Tech grad recently participated in a webinar about surviving in the filmmaking industry. Chris makes some excellent points.
You can check it out by visiting http://moviola.com/webinars/10-essential-tips-surviving-industry/
Nice job, Chris!