I am pleased to announce that we will soon begin the second phase of New England Institute of Technology’s $250,000,000 campus development at our East Greenwich campus. This $120,000,000 expansion offers the college the opportunity to offer on-campus housing for the first time in our 75 year history. In addition, more than 300,000 square feet will be devoted to our information technology facilities making NEIT the leader in collegiate-level technology driven training. Because of this expansion, we can broaden our program offerings in the areas of information technology, advanced manufacturing, health sciences, architecture, engineering, video/audio production, and others.
- More than 300,000 square feet of new facilities
- A 400 room on-campus dormitory
- Expanded classroom space with increased information technology capability
- A new student dining area
- Expanded amenities for students, including a fitness center
- The development of a “green” open space area
- Infrastructure upgrades to accommodate NEIT’s 226 acre campus, including electrical, water, sewer, drainage, and traffic flow improvements
In addition to our expansion project, we can be proud of New England Tech’s many recent accomplishments:
- The creation of an information technology workforce training initiative dedicated to meeting the needs of regional employers.
- Renewal of NEIT’s accreditation through the New England Association of Schools and Colleges, Inc.
- The recent expansion of the college’s nursing simulation lab making NEIT one of New England’s largest and most comprehensive health science education facilities.
- In conjunction with the Town of East Greenwich and the Rhode Island Department of Transportation, the completion of two transportation projects to assist with traffic flow near our campus.
- The success of our graduates. Continually sought after by employers, since 2005, close to 12,000 students have graduated from New England Tech and have subsequently found employment with more than 4,000 companies, nearly 2,000 of which are located in Rhode Island.
- The celebration of New England Tech’s 75th Anniversary in 2015 with special events throughout the year.
These are very exciting times at New England Tech, and I am so proud and grateful to have such a dedicated team of faculty and staff to share in the growth of our college. As we have done for 75 years, we will continue to provide our students with a cutting edge, hands-on education in a high tech environment for which New England Tech is well known and respected.
Richard I. Gouse, President