New England Institute of Technology continues to grow! Now entering the second phase of its $250,000,000 development program at the East Greenwich campus, President Richard I. Gouse announced plans for expanding academic facilities and programs along with the construction of the college’s first on-campus residence hall.
Phase 2 of the expansion project will include the following improvements:
- More than 300,000 square feet of new facilities.
- A new 400-bed, on-campus dormitory.
- Expanded classroom space, focusing on information technology capability.
- A new student dining area.
- Expanded amenities for students including a fitness center.
- The development of a college ‘green’ open space area.
- Infrastructure upgrades to the college’s 226-acre campus in electrical, water, sewer, drainage, and traffic flow.
President Gouse stated, “This expansion will make New England Tech the region’s largest provider of collegiate level technology-driven training.” In addition, new and expanded programs will be offered that will include advanced manufacturing, health sciences, architecture, engineering, and Digital Media Production (previously known as video/audio production.)
New England Tech has recently completed several significant projects:
- The creation of an information technology workforce training initiative dedicated to meeting the 21st century information technology needs of the region’s employers.
- Accreditation renewal by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges, through its Commission on Institutions of Higher Education.
- Expansion of NEIT’s nursing simulation laboratory making the college New England’s largest and most comprehensive health science education facility.
- Working with the Town of East Greenwich and the State Department of Transportation, NEIT has completed two major transportation projects to assist with traffic flow in the campus area.
- Since 2005, nearly 12,000 students have graduated from NEIT securing employment with more than 4,000 companies, 2000 of them in Rhode Island.
- New England Tech is proud to begin its 75th year of operation and will mark this milestone with anniversary events throughout the year.
President Gouse concluded, “On behalf of our entire college community, I am pleased to announce this commitment to our students, faculty and staff. The first two phases in our campus development will represent a $250 million dollar investment in Rhode Island and our host community, East Greenwich. This economic development investment will place our college at the most advanced levels of workforce training for 21st century employment.”