Advanced Coursework Network
High school students can earn college credit at New England Tech – at no cost – if you’re currently a student at a Rhode Island high school that participates in the Advanced Coursework Network (ACN).
Classes begin in January for the Winter 2018 quarter.
The Rhode Island Department of Education (RIDE) supports the costs of the coursework for eligible public high school students. As such, Local Education Agencies (LEAs), public schools, public school students and their families from eligible schools in Rhode Island will not be assessed any tuition or fees associated with participating in ACN courses. Students homeschooled in Rhode Island along with students from outside of the state may be eligible to take the courses at cost, depending on availability. The tuition cost for out-of-network students who want to register for classes is $250 per credit.
The ACN enables eligible students to enroll in formerly unavailable, high value academic and career-focused courses while they remain enrolled at their secondary school.
Coursework is offered through state-approved course providers. New England Institute of Technology (NEIT) is a state-approved Network Provider.
This initiative promotes college and career readiness and provides coursework options aligned with a student’s passion, interest and need.
Key benefits that you'll receive as a high school student include:
- The opportunity to individualize your graduation pathway
- High-value coursework to prepare you for college and career success
- Choices of coursework beyond what is available at your high school
Consult with your guidance counselor/school administrator to see if your school offers the course(s) that you are interested in.
Course space is provided on a first come, first served basis.
For more information contact:
Training and Workforce Development Manager
401-739-5000, Ext. 3355
Follow the below steps to register through the Rhode Island Department of Education (RIDE) Advanced Coursework Network website:
- Visit ride.gosignmeup.com
- At the column on the LH side of the page, click on +NEIT
- Select "Face to Face" under "NEIT"
- Select "Pre-register" under the course(s) you would like
- Select "Complete Pre-Registration"
- Either select "Create account" if you're a new user or login if you're an existing user