Advanced Coursework Network
Earn College Credits While You're in High School
Would you like to take college level courses – at no cost to you – and earn college credits while you’re still in high school?
If you’re a current student at a Rhode Island high school* that participates in the Advanced Coursework Network (ACN), you are eligible to take up to two courses this Fall at the New England Institute of Technology.
Experience the same intensive, hands-on courses taken by our university students, taught in the same industry-specific labs, using the latest technology and equipment. Classes are held late afternoons, once or twice a week to work with your high school schedule.
Fall 2018 Quarter Courses Include:
- Audio Design
- Computer Aided Design 1
- Computer and Networking Fundamentals
- Forensics 1
- Digital Photography 1
- Introduction to Careers in Health
- Introduction to Vehicle Maintenance
- Interior Design: Color and Composition
- Introduction to Marine Technology
- Digital Graphics
- Programing and Essentials Using C++
- Introduction to Engineering Technology & Lab
*Homeschooled and out-of-network students cost is $250 per credit which includes all tuition, books and learning materials. Course space is provided on a first come, first served basis.
Register through the Rhode Island Department of Education (RIDE) Advanced Coursework Network website:
- Visit ride.gosignmeup.com
- In the search bar, type in “NEIT” (which is the abbreviation for New England Institute of Technology)
- Select "Pre-register" under the one or two courses you would like to take
- Select "Complete Pre-Registration"
- Either select "Create account" if you're a new user or login if you're an existing user
For more information contact:
Training and Workforce Development Manager
401-739-5000, Ext. 3355