New England Tech’s Master’s of Construction Management program blends modern construction management theory, best practices, and technical skills with the contemporary business management principles that drive 21st century organizational performance.
In addition to the required curriculum, an introduction to the use of scheduling, estimating, and building information modeling (BIM) software programs as analytical tools is offered as an elective for students who wish to upgrade these technical skills.
All courses are fully online, with the exception of CM 542 Building Information Modeling, which a features a hands-on laboratory component and will meet at our main campus in East Greenwich, RI.
The program consists of 45 credits, including the following courses.
- CM 511 Construction Delivery Methods
- CM 512 Construction and the Environment
- CM 513 Relationship & Dispute Management
- CM 520 Effective Projects and Teams
- CM 521 Risk Management
- CM 531 Construction Health and Safety
- CM 540 CM Master's Project (5 credits)
- CM 541 Lean Construction Principles & Practices
- Electives (choose one)
- CM 542 Building Information Modeling (includes required on-campus hands-on sessions)
- CM 543 Infrastructure Planning & Development
- MGM 504 Managerial Finance
- MGM 533 Advanced Project Management
Total Credit Hours = 45
All courses are 4 credits unless otherwise noted.
NEIT is a proud supporter of the Certified Construction Manager (CCM) credential from the Construction Management Association of America (CMAA) and encourages all of our graduates to obtain their CCM certification. Our curriculum supports the industry standards and exam specifications:
Safety & Risk Management
Eligibility Requirements cmaanet.org/becoming-ccm