Program mission, goals and outcomes
New England Institute of Technology’s Master of Science in Construction Management program is designed for a broad spectrum of individuals, with diverse educational backgrounds and/or work experiences, seeking to develop the multidisciplinary skills necessary to become effective construction professionals. The program emphasizes the relevance of continuous learning to personal and professional growth through the combination of advanced technical courses and an integrated management core. The fully online delivery format provides the flexibility necessary for construction industry practitioners to continue their education and enhance their potential for career growth.
The purpose of the Master of Science in Construction Management program is to educate and train the next generation of construction industry professionals in a broad array of technical and non-technical competencies required for the successful management and administration of construction operations. NEIT’s master’s degree curriculum blends modern construction management theory, best practices, and technical skills with the contemporary business management principles that drive 21st century organizational performance.
Students will study topics ranging from lean construction, risk management, and construction delivery methods to building and leading effective project teams. An introduction to the use of scheduling, estimating, and building information modeling (BIM) software programs as analytical tools is integrated into the curriculum to upgrade students’ technical skill sets.
By reviewing relevant case studies, taking courses taught by professionals practicing in construction management, and engaging with other Master of Science in Construction Management colleagues already in the construction work force, students will extend the educational process into the real-world of construction management and broaden their perspective on this dynamic profession. The purpose of the Master's in Construction Management program is consistent with New England Tech's mission.
The New England Institute of Technology Master of Science in Construction Management program is designed for a broad spectrum of individuals with diverse educational backgrounds and/or work experiences seeking to develop the multidisciplinary skills necessary to become an effective construction professional.
- Acquire a Construction Management perspective that is informed by the linkages between Construction and Management (i.e., ethics, labor, accounting & finance, dispute resolution, negotiations) best practices
- Demonstrate the ability to build and lead effective teams using appropriate interpersonal skills
- Proactively adopt and integrate emerging technology within Construction Management practices
- Evaluate and implement appropriate contract delivery methods based on desired project outcomes
- Analyze construction projects relative to fundamental aspects of construction management (i.e., cost, schedule, quality, safety, ethics) and develop appropriate solutions
- Acquire ability to effectively assess and manage risk in a construction management project
- Acquire an appreciation for and ability to apply the principles and practices of sustainability in a construction management project