New England Tech’s Criminal Justice program is designed for public safety professionals who wish to earn their Bachelor’s degree. Public safety, security and law enforcement professionals are essential to the well-being of our communities and are adapting to an environment of rapid change and growing complexity. Graduates of the program are better prepared for the daily challenges they face, and for career advancement and leadership roles in the profession.
New England Tech’s Criminal Justice program is grounded in practical skills and deep knowledge that directly address the challenges of contemporary law enforcement. The curriculum strengthens core competencies in criminal justice and builds upon these with such topics as homeland security, white-collar crime, social media, digital forensics, ethics, and use of force, incident response and public administration.
Top 10 National Ranking!
The New England Tech Criminal Justice program has earned a top spot in CollegeChoice national rankings of Criminal Justice programs. NEIT is honored to receive CollegeChoice recognition of the quality, convenience, and value of our Criminal Justice Flex program, which is designed from the ground up to fit into the lives of public safety, security and law enforcement professionals.
Flexibility & Convenience for Busy Professionals
Accelerated Academic Schedule: New England Tech courses are a compact ten weeks long, with four academic terms per year – built to get you your degree quickly while fitting in with the rest of your life.
Flexible Course Schedule: Courses may include a mix of online, blended and face-to-face formats. To best meet the needs of busy, working professionals, the entire program can be completed by taking only online and blended courses.
Criminal Justice at New England Tech
Since the program's inception in 2008, New England Tech has quickly become one of the region's top colleges in the Criminal Justice field. New England Tech's program features:
- One of Rhode Island’s best-equipped forensics labs
- High-fidelity crime scene simulation lab (over 2000 sq. ft. of indoor, outdoor, residential and industrial simulation space)
- 75-seat mock courtroom for case presentations and cross-examination
- Courses taught by field professionals, selected for their experience and passion for the profession and teaching
- National Gold Medalist in Crime Scene Investigation Competition
Impact in the Community
New England Tech Criminal Justice students, graduates, and faculty are proudly serving in the professional law enforcement community in our region, including:
- East Greenwich Police
- Providence Police
- RI Department of Corrections
- RI Lottery-Investigation Div.
- RI Probation and Parole
- RI State Police
- Warwick Police
- West Greenwich Police
- US Dept. of Treasury
- Cranston Police
- Wyatt Detention Facility
- Newport Police
- Pawtucket Police
- Tiverton Police
- US Dept. of Homeland Security - TSA Division
- RI State Sheriffs Dept.
- Bristol County Sheriff’s Office
- Department of Veterans Affairs, Providence Office
- Essex County Sheriff Dept.
- Pasadena CA Animal Control
- Common Care Alliance/Acute Stabilization Unit
- Town of North Kingstown
- Gillette Stadium
- RIBI Security
- US Army
* Top Online College: U.S. News & World Report (January 8, 2018)
Only school in Rhode Island that ranked in the Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Programs.
For more information on the Best Online Program rankings and methodologies, visit www.usnews.com/education/online-education/articles/bachelors-methodology.