Master's of IT Mission and Goals
The MSIT program’s aim is to create inspiring IT leaders with strong leadership and technical skills. The Master’s degree program is designed to provide graduates with the ability to analyze business scenarios, anticipate and respond to a continuously changing environment and effectively assign resources to the components that make up the organization’s information system. Our graduates can take these skills and apply them strategically to develop a long-term IT vision that is in line with an organization's goals and mission.
The program emphasizes the relevance of continuous learning to personal and professional growth through the combination of advanced technical courses and an integrated leadership and management core.
Coursework highlights the relationship between IT and business as students utilize technology to improve business processes and help achieve an organization’s strategical goals. Students receive the technical and managerial education to be successful leaders in the IT industry, both now and well into the future.
Our program emphasizes the relevance of continuous learning to personal and professional growth through the combination of advanced technical courses and an integrated management core. Employment opportunities may include positions such as Project Manager, Program Manager, Chief Information Officer (CIO), Chief Technical Officer (CTO), Chief Information Security Office (CISO), and Systems Integrator.
The program is designed to equip the current or aspiring IT manager with the necessary tools to make deliberate and ethical decisions that affect an organization’s informational needs. The program’s mission is built around the components that make up the informational infrastructure: the software applications that support the business processes, the information and data sources used to store the data, the processes used to secure the data, the network used to access data and applications, and the people who design, manage and implement the applications, data and the network.
While the bachelor’s degree in information technology focuses on preparing graduates to secure, design, and implement applications, databases and networks, the master’s program provides graduates with the ability to analyze business scenarios, anticipate and respond to a continuously changing environment and effectively assign resources to the components that make up the organization’s information system.
The mission of the Master’s program in Information Technology (MSIT) is designed for IT professionals who want to advance their technical and managerial knowledge, enhanced with the education and experience needed for a leadership role in the IT industry.
Successful graduates of the Master’s program in Information Technology will be able to successfully demonstrate each of the following learning outcomes:
- Leadership and Management: Effectively and ethically lead information technology projects using sound financial reasoning and project management skills, understanding and supporting the organization’s goals and its connection to society.
- Security, Infrastructure and Applications: Design and adapt a scalable, secure corporate information technology infrastructure and applications that support specific organizational needs, for a given business model while allowing for reasonable future growth of the corporate environment.
- Data and Analytics: Identify, organize and analyze the informational needs of an organization using current data warehousing and analytics tools and determine a suitable implementation and integration strategies, utilizing cloud services when appropriate.
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving: Bring together problem predicting, detecting, and solving skills with logically structured critical thinking to develop flexible solutions to business problems with robust information technology components.
- Professional Growth: Develop an appreciation for professional development and life-long learning and the character to encourage these qualities in others.