Master of Applied Design
Creative Problem-Solving for People, Planet, and Profit
Do you have the creative vision and curiosity to conceptualize solutions to complex business, technical or social issues? Would you like to use design thinking for solving problems, leading transformation, or driving disruption as an intrapreneur, entrepreneur, or change agent?
If you have the ambition to claim a prominent role as an innovator in any industry – especially those that are facing disruption by technological innovation, automation or evolving consumer taste – our unique Master of Applied Design (MAD) program could be your next savvy career move.
- Chief Innovation Officer (CIO)
- Vice President (VP) of Creative Strategy
- Head of User Experience (UX)
- Social Entrepreneur
- Design Director (See More Below)
THE WORLD NEEDS MORE CREATIVE PROBLEM-SOLVERS
This degree is designed to bridge many fields not just for the purpose of innovation and invention, but also for implementation. The program is for working professionals and recent bachelor’s degree graduates with a vision to transcend their specific professional disciplines and to take a leadership role in any industry that requires innovation to effect quick and efficient change. Graduate students may come from a variety of backgrounds, including IT, healthcare, education, business, engineering, design, and management.
Whether you’re an IT practitioner who wants to be at the leading edge, a manufacturing manager seeking increased efficiency and cost control, or a marketing or design professional seeking break-out solutions in your field, this program will give you the tools as well as the design-think methodologies and processes to achieve your goals. You will learn to:
- Develop the advanced knowledge and practical skills necessary to create breakthrough ideas.
- Blend creativity and human-centered design thinking with the technical, industry-focused education for which New England Tech is renowned.
- Focus on innovation at the intersection of technology, creativity, design, and leadership.
- Become a changemaker. Lead in any industry requiring nimble and efficient change.
Elective options in Business Law, Project Management, and Finance & Accounting can help sharpen your entrepreneurial and implementation skills.
INNOVATIVE, FLEXIBLE AND CONVENIENT
Our Master of Applied Design (MAD) program is designed to accommodate the schedules of working professionals, with online courses and semiannual eight-day, on-campus residencies – for an opportunity to network and stay connected. The program can be completed in as little as 18 months.
FEATURED METHODOLOGIES AND INNOVATION PRACTICES
The MAD program prepares the creative professional of the future by cultivating:
- ethical values for people, planet, and profit
- essentials of design thinking
- experimentation, iterative prototyping, and creative play
- critical questioning, analysis, and synthesis
- empathy, fieldwork, and ethnographic research
- compelling storytelling and communication
- interdisciplinary collaboration with diverse individuals
QUALITY AT A COMPETITIVE PRICE
Our MAD program is competitively priced among other private, non-profit universities in the region. Its online and on-campus hybrid format features the best qualities of short intensive on-campus courses and our nationally ranked online classes.
This unique degree can allow you to create new positions that don’t yet exist, or claim a leadership position in a variety of innovation-based roles and job functions that may include Design, Innovation, User Experience (UX), Research, Business Development, Growth Hacking, Partnership Marketing, Social Entrepreneurship, Team Building, Creative Strategy, Operations, Business Process Improvement, Project Management, and Change Leadership. Some additional Career Possibilities include:
- Director or VP of Partnership Marketing
- Business Development Manager
- Project Manager
- Art Director
- And many more opportunities...
New England Institute of Technology is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC). Accreditation by NEASC is recognized by the federal government and entitles NEIT to participate in federal financial aid programs.
TOP ONLINE COLLEGE: U.S. News & World Report (January 8, 2018)
New England Tech was the only school in Rhode Island that ranked in the Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Programs. Our Master’s Degree Programs offer the same level of quality and personal attention that we provide through our Online Bachelor’s Degree programs.
For more information on the Best Online Program rankings and methodologies, visit https://www.usnews.com/education/online-education/articles/bachelors-methodology.