A candidate for admission to the MSN FNP or Educational Leadership program must submit the following:
- Applicants for admissions to the MSN program at NEIT must have an unencumbered United States license as a Registered Nurse and must be a graduate of an accredited baccalaureate degree program and have at least 1 year of clinical experience as an RN within the past 2 years. Students will be expected to have successfully completed a baccalaureate-level statistics and health assessment course with a B or better.
- Students are required to have a 3.0 overall GPA in their undergraduate nursing program to apply to the master’s programs.
- The following steps outline the application process. Each applicant must:
- Complete an information session with a university admissions officer.
- Apply for enrollment including a personal statement along with the non-refundable application fee. Applications may be completed online at www.neit.edu.
- Submit a copy of a current unencumbered RN license to an Admissions Officer.
- Submit an official transcript showing degrees completion. Completed nursing programs must be accredited from: NLN, ACEN, CCNE or NLNCC accredited institution.
- Provide a certificate, signed by a physician/provider, confirming immunization against measles, mumps, rubella, and varicella, receive a booster dose of tetanus and diphtheria (Tdap) within the last ten years, and 3 doses of Hepatitis B vaccine or a positive titer.* Educational Leadership track students will follow the clinical organizations requirements. (Other requirements may be determined by the clinical organizations).
- The student must have an American Heart Association BLS for Healthcare Providers (BLS Provider) card.
*Only when accepted to the FNP program.