Tips for Applying for FAFSA Online
Each year, the Department of Education offers over $150 billion in federal student aid through grants, loans, and work-study. To find out your financial aid eligibility, we encourage all students to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Here’s how:
- Create a Federal Student Aid ID (FSA ID). Students and parents of dependent students will both need to create their own FSA ID. Creating an FSA ID takes about 10 minutes, create an FSA ID here.
- Gather the following information before starting your application:
- Social Security Number
- An Alien Registration number (for non-U.S. citizens)
- Federal income tax returns, W-2s, any other records of money earned. (applicants may be able to to automatically transfer tax return information instead using the IRS data retrieval tool)
- Bank statements and records of any investments
- Records of any untaxed income
- Start your application by choosing which FAFSA form you would like to complete. For example, the 2020–21 FAFSA form if you will be attending college between July 1, 2020, and June 30, 2021.
- Enter 007845 as New England Tech’s federal school code
- Fill out remaining application including demographics, dependency status, parent demographics (if applicable), and financial information.
- Sign and Submit! (Applicants will receive a confirmation when their FAFSA has been completed)