Business Management Technology
Bachelor of Science Degree
The Bachelor of Science Degree in Business Management technology (MGT BS) program builds on the knowledge and skills acquired in the MGT AS and also in any of New England Tech's associate degree programs.
Both the AS and BS in Business Management Technology emphasize a blend of technical, people/interpersonal, and analytical knowledge and skills, practicing what students will be doing in the typical workplace, integrating material across courses and functional areas of business, and becoming a life-long learner, in particular in the areas of technology and management.
Students in the Bachelor of Science Degree in Business Management program deepen their knowledge of management and leadership, accounting, finance, marketing, operations/service management, and effective interpersonal relationships and teamwork. The program incorporates the latest Microsoft Office Suite and related technology advances such as online portfolios and use of social media in business. Students have two management electives to allow deeper study in a chosen area, such as entrepreneurship or sales and marketing. Hands-on training is provided for management and interpersonal skills, such as negotiating, analyzing accounting information, or making presentations, as well as for more advanced use of Office Suite software including spreadsheets, databases, presentation and publishing software, and word processing.
Graduates of the Business Management Bachelor of Science Degree program may be qualified to work in many industries in a variety of positions such as business, accounting, or operations analyst, project manager, department or process supervisor, service manager, marketing analyst or customer service representative/manager, or business owner. Graduates who are already working may use their degree to apply for promotions.
Program Mission, Goals and Outcomes
The mission of the Business Management Technology (MGT BS) Program is to provide a specialized baccalaureate degree program to prepare students to initially become team, project, area, or department managers/leaders in organizations, to become small business owners/operators, and to pursue career opportunities available only to those with baccalaureate degrees. The course work emphasizes integration of content and knowledge, hands-on learning experiences, practicing and developing management, technical, and soft/interpersonal skills, using the latest information technology used in organizations, and balanced class and lab time.
- The MGT BS program will provide learning opportunities for students to acquire and practice the management knowledge and skills needed to move up to and function effectively as mid-level professionals or owners in a variety of organizations.
- The MGT BS program will provide students technical, interpersonal, and analytical knowledge and skills.
Graduates of this program will be able to:
- Adapt proactively to new technology and recognize its ability to solve business problems and add value.
- Effectively manage teams and projects.
- Make effective decisions using integrated business knowledge and relevant data sources that develop and support organizational strategy.
- Communicate effectively and professionally with awareness of medium and content to diverse audiences.
- Identify, value, and adapt to individual and cultural diversity in organizations and their stakeholders.
- Recognize and effectively analyze ethical issues, determining possible courses of action and their consequences for stakeholders.
- Develop career management skills for their chosen profession.
Bachelor of Science Degree
MGM 305 Managing Interpersonal & Team Effectiveness
MGM 311 Data Analysis and Reporting
MGM 314 Principles of Marketing
MGM 335 Human Resource Management
MGM 355 21st Century Leadership
MGM 160 Business Accounting and Financial Reporting
MGM 330 Managerial Accounting
MGM 398 Integrative Lab l - Business Start-Up and Decision Making
MGM 415 Career Advancement and Success
MGM 375 Information Systems Management
MGM 411 Technology and Management Effectiveness
MGM 413 Business Presentations
MGM 425 Productions and Service Operations Management
MGM 430 Financial Management
MGM 445 Negotiation
MGM 460 Investments
MGM 498 Integrative Lab ll - Project Management Effectiveness
MGM 485 Management of Change and innovation
MGM 495 Strategic Management and Decision Making
MGM 496 Professional Portfolio
AUT 302 Service Management Operations
CJ 380 Criminal Justice and the Media
HCM 310 Introduction to Health Care Management
IT 374 IT Project Management