1. You (and your parents, if applicable) will need to create your federal student aid IDs at https://fsaid.ed.gov When you create the Federal Student Aid ID for the first time it may take 3 days for it to become active. Your Federal Student Aid ID must be active for you to electronically complete, sign and submit your FASFA. If you previously had a Federal PIN created, you will be able to link that PIN to your new Federal Student Aid ID on that site.
3. Before completing the FAFSA, it will be helpful to gather the following information. The 2019-20 FAFSA requires income data from the 2017 tax year (two years previous to the FAFSA year):
• Your 2017 W-2 Form, final pay stub from 2017 and other records of money earned.
• Copies of your (and your spouse's, if you are married) 2017 Federal Income Tax Return - IRS Form 1040, 1040A, 1040EZ.
• Your parents' 2017 Federal Income Tax Return (if you are a dependent student).
• Your 2017 untaxed income records - Temporary Assistance to Needy Families, welfare, or veterans benefits records.
• Your alien registration number or permanent residence card (if you are not a U.S. citizen).
4. When asked to add school codes to your FAFSA, enter 007845 (New England Institute of Technology’s federal school code).